Monday, June 4, 2007

Outstanding or standing-out?

I always dream of being an outstanding person......got puzzled? I told i just dream..what goes in dreaming....it doesn't cost much,just a nap!! Dream is not a past tense for me..its present-perfect-future tense.. ;-) I dream till I breathe last..that is the only feeling where I am what I am not now!!

Let me take you to my PU college days..most memorable days of my life.The life then was so easy and fun-filled..the time had made us hardly think of future life's difficulties..we were like free-birds..only knew to fly high!

RLS is one of the best colleges in North Karnataka,belonging to KLE society and established by his highness Shri.Raja Lakhamagouda of Vantamuri.A beautiful college with an extraordinary infrastructure. A perfect place to be an educational institute..well maintained,well organized! Located at the most happening place in Belgaum- college road/Bogar ves!

As the saying goes, "All that glisters is not gold", one doesn't become the best student just by studying in the best college! I am the best example! I still repent of not being so good student..not studying upto the expectations ;-( I dream,if I could live those days again(in a reformed way)!!

Let me put my feeling aside; as I said earlier,we had a gala time during those days.Our group-Mohan,Dundesh,Shankar,Kiran,Asif,Shivu and me, knew no limitations....just being happy and making fun! We're like 7 colours of the rainbow..7 notes of music!! Always colourful..always sound!! The time and place were just made for us- bunking classes,proxy attendance,watching movies,playing cricket,bird-watching in Lingaraj college campus ;-).....jaane kahan gaye woh din!! (I'll write more about my college days in my next blog)

Let me come back to my dream of being an outstanding student ;-)..Biology and organic chemistry periods were the most torturing classes for us..none of us was having interest in those classes..we hardly used to listen what the lecturer was telling!! One unlucky day,both(bio/chem) classes were in continuous periods..our group thought of bunking..but as we were top listed in less-attendance notice..we could not bunk ;-(...however, we set our mind to attend the class. The bio class started,hardly 5 mins were over that a joke was cracked in our group,I started
laughing..inspite of my attempt,I could not stop laughing..my other group members were very "chaloo"..they were so smart in handling such situations that even the person sitting next to them could not make out what was going on!!
To my bad luck, the lecturer turned to me and told to stand up on the bench..believe me,even that could not stop me from laughing..my God..my lecturer's face was watchable!! He was so disturbed that he told me to stand out of the class..
Next was chemistry class..we used to call that lecturer as "loud speaker".His pitch of teaching was just like military orders..loud and clear.The joke cracked in the earlier class was not leaving me only,I again started laughing.I was laughing so loud that I exceeded my lecturer's pitch....he was so impatient person,within a second,he kicked me out of the class and told me to stand out!!

Whenever I recall this incident,the same laugh fills my face..what a way of making a dream true!! I was made to stand out two times on the same day by two different lecturers!! Outstanding incident..isn't it? ;-)

1 comment:

Anand said...

Hey Basu!!!!
Really gr8 one, very well drafted.But more pleasing was the way you have given the insight of your golden days.
Really fabulous, Actally I am very happy to hear that my model person was no less notorious than me!!!!!
After all " onde mannina makkalu naavu, "

Gr8 to hear you've lived your life kingsize.Still gr8 are the heights you have reached and more peaks are left unconqured, Rise above them all soon; is waht I wish.

Get going in gr8 zap for all of those.